Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

Reverse Applique

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas! I know I enjoyed mine. It was quiet, but sometimes that's a good thing :)

I recently saw this while doing some shopping for Christmas presents. I really like the look of it, but want to replicate that into something I could wear. The last time I checked, I outgrew onesies a long time ago.

The first thing you want to do is find something worth putting onto a shirt. I found this butterfly from Graphics Fairy. Don't worry if you don't like butterflies, she has a TON of stuff you can choose from! You definitely want something simple though. Don't worry about the color or details because all you want is the outline. I copied & pasted it onto a Word document so I could size it to what I needed it to be, printed it, then cut it out of fabric.
Recognize this? It's the same fabric I used to cover my frame!

Place the cut out on the inside of the shirt with the wrong side up.

Sew along the edge of the cut out.

This is what the outside of the shirt will look like after sewing.

Snip a small hole in the shirt within the outline of the shape.

Cut all the way around the outline so the new fabric shows through.

No comments:

Post a Comment