Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

Fabric Covered Frame

Along with all the Christmas cards we get every year, my sister sends us a new picture of her kids. Since we're so far away, we love getting this every year! I want to make a special frame for the one we'll get this year.
While I was at the thrift store picking up a frame to hold my Christmas cards, I grabbed another one that was super cheap. The silver isn't too bad, but the rest of my frames are black. I went to the local craft store and picked up some cheap black and white fabric.

I then cut the fabric into strips (about 2 inches in width).

Using the Mod Podge I made last week, I then decoupaged the fabric to the frame. You want to start and end each strip on the back of the frame.

Start the next strip of fabric where the one before left off.

Try to avoid the corners.
Take the left over fabric and cut it into 1/4in strips.
Apply the smaller strips to the corners using the same technique used on the larger strips of fabric. Wipe a dry paper towel over the entire frame to get any excess glue. Then let it dry (overnight is best).

Until that picture comes, I decided to make it a little festive. I bought some scrapbooking paper from that same craft store & used their die-cutting machine to cut out some snowflakes, ornaments, and bells. I then glued those to white cardstock & put it in the frame to hang for the holidays!

Also, the winner of the scarf that I posted on Monday is Lauralie Lines! She's been notified via facebook. (BTW, my husband thought it was biased since I didn't put him or myself in the drawing)

No comments:

Post a Comment