Search This Blog

Monday, December 5, 2011

No-Sew T-Shirt Scarf

I recently lost 30 pounds (whoohoo!) so I have lots of clothes that don't fit anymore. I've taken a bunch to the local thrift store, but there are some left over that have stains or bleach spots or are misshapen or whatever. I know there are people in need, but I still wouldn't give them sub-par clothes. When I saw the scarf Cut Out and Keep did, I knew I had to give it a try. After all, it requires no sewing or buying of material on my part!

Needed:
old t-shirts
scissors

First you want to gather shirts that somewhat coordinate. I have loads of pink shirts (it's a weakness) and some white ones too.

Cut off the hem on all the shirts & set them aside, you'll need them later.

Cut the shirts into strips about an inch wide.

Give the loops a big stretch & wrap the loops around your hands to form a ringlet.

If you'd like, keep them separated by color.

Take the shirt hems and cut them into 5 inch sections.

Use the hem sections to tie together the shirt ringlets.

Keep going until the end.

As an added bonus, anyone who follows my blog is in the running to receive this scarf's twin! I had so much material left over, I was able to make a second scarf. As long as you follow this blog by December 8th, you're in the running. I will draw the winner on the 9th so I can have it shipped in time for Christmas! Who loves ya baby?

3 comments: