Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

Cinni Minis

I love cinnamon rolls. Too much probably. When I found these, I knew I had to give them a try. They were delicious, but half the filling ended up on my pan & the icing went everywhere! I knew there had to be a better way. I tweaked it a bit and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients for rolls:
1 can crescent rolls
1Tbsp melted butter
cinnamon
brown sugar
Ingredients for icing:
1 1/2c powdered sugar
2Tbsp maple syrup
2Tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 375F. Open the can of crescent rolls & take out only half of the dough. Separate at vertical lines & pinch diagonal lines together.
If you'd like, you can roll them flat to close the seams more.
Brush each one with melted butter.
Sprinkle with cinnamon (no certain amount, just whatever you feel like!)

Then sprinkle with brown sugar. Again, no certain amount. I want to make this easy for you to remember.
Roll upwards from the short end.
Cut into sections, about an inch or so apart. I usually get about 5 sections per quarter of a can, making 20 cinni minis.
Repeat with remaining dough. Place sections in mini muffin pan and bake 10-12 minutes.
While they're baking, mix powdered sugar, syrup, and milk together.
Once rolls are done:

Top with icing:

This a great recipe to have kids help with and it's also a great alternative to the canned cinnamon rolls. You can control how much sugar & cinnamon are in each! Since there are so set measurements beyond the icing, it's an easy recipe to remember. And since there's not much prep involved (about 5-10 minutes), they're a great quick & easy breakfast. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment