Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

French Breakfast Muffins

Santa always gets cookies, but I think he would prefer these greeting him after sliding down your chimney. I originally got this recipe from Velvet Lava. I made a slight change to the original recipe. These are super yummy! They are all eaten no matter how often I make them. You're warned: they're addicting!

Needed:
1 1/2c AP flour
1/2c sugar
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1/2tsp cinnamon
1 room-temp egg
1/3c melted butter
1/2c milk

Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together all dry ingredients.
Add wet ingredients.

Mix by hand until combined, but still lumpy. You have to be careful not to overmix! That's why it's important to do this by hand. I did this with a mixer and it wasn't pretty. Don't repeat my mistake!
See how smooth this is? This is NOT what you want!

Scoop batter into a muffin tin that has been well greased or lined. Bake 20-25 minutes or until they're just starting to turn golden brown.
These are my second, better batch.

To make these the most amazing muffins ever, melt 1/3c butter in one bowl. In a separate bowl, mix 1/2c sugar with 1tsp cinnamon.

Dip the warm muffins in the butter then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
DIVINE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment