Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Washer Necklace

I wanted to see if I could make something without spending a dime this week. I used a bunch of left-over materials & borrowed (read: stole) a little something from my hubby to make this necklace:
You'll need:
a washer
scrapbook paper
leather cording
EnviroTex Lite pour-on (can be found in the craft department)

Cut the scrapbook paper to match the size of the washer.
Place the paper on top of the washer. Following the directions on the box, apply EnviroTex pour-on. I used a Styrofoam bowl & a cap to an old bottle of hairspray to contain the excess and elevate the washer.
Once set (my box said to let sit for 24 hours), wrap leather cording around washer to create the necklace. You can use a clasp if you wish, but I decided just to tie a knot in the cording.

No comments:

Post a Comment