Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

Cherry Blossom Tree

One of my favorite things about the East Coast is the Cherry Blossoms. They smell wonderful and are a definite signal spring is on its way. Here in the Idaho desert, there are no Cherry Blossoms...unless you count the one in my kitchen.
You'll need:
1.25 or 2L bottle
black paint
pink paint (you may need white to tone it down)
a canvas or piece of wood

Paint a random "branch" onto the canvas with the black paint. The lines don't have to be perfectly straight. I think it looks better if they aren't.


Mix the white & pink paints to get a nice pink color. I mixed 2 parts "hot pink" to 1 part white.


Dip the bottom of the bottom of the bottle into the pink paint.

Press the bottle bottom onto the canvas to create the flowers. I used an eraser tip to create the flower centers. Allow to dry & hang.

No comments:

Post a Comment