Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

Knock-off Week: Calvin Klein bracelet

I am all about being frugal. I've said many times, "Don't buy what you can make." This week is dedicated to proving that you don't have to buy everything. Sometimes going the cheaper route is best.

I love jewelry! Even using "love" is still a bit of an understatement...ask my husband. I have so many necklaces, earrings, bracelets, rings, etc he complains a bit every time I open my jewelry box. I must admit though, most of my pieces I get at really good prices, but I knew that he would flip out if I paid retail for this beauty:
Source. $100!!!
Yeah, he would have flipped his lid on that one. So...I decided to try my hand at making something similar for about a 1/10th of the cost.


You'll need:
6-8 inches of black leather cording, depending of desired length
jump rings, I used 62
round disks (you can find these near the jump rings), I used 10
1 clasp, I went with a lobster clasp
2 cord ends


Fasten 1 cord end to one end of the cording. Attach one half of the clasp. This will help the jump rings and disks not slide off while you're working. Slide on jump rings and jump rings with disks attached to them (or loaded) onto the cording. I alternated using the following pattern: 5 empty, 1 loaded, 6 empty, 1 loaded, 5 empty, 1 loaded, 6 empty, 1 loaded.... until I reached 10 loaded jump rings. Then I ended with 5 empty.
Attach the other cord end and use a jump ring to attach the other half of the clasp.

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love it so much, I think it would be cute with like a stamped initial or something on one of the disks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of that! And honestly, I don't normally make jewelry so I don't have anything to do that with. But you could!

      Delete