Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2012

Knock-off Week: Rose pillow

Note: I'm having some issues with pictures. Sorry! I was able to salvage one.

I'm not usually a throw pillow kind of girl. You know, the one who has 20 pillows on the bed and another 10 on the couch. I think they're a waste of space and money. However, I do like pretty things and I do like my home to feel welcoming. I also like for my guests to think that I care about my home's appearance. I found this at West Elm while surfing the net one day:
Deconstructed Rose Pillow Cover
Source
Isn't it precious? However, I flat-out refuse to pay $47 for one pillow. $47! And that's marked down! Heck no! ...So I decided to make it instead.

You'll need:
felt
hot glue & gun
fabric that coordinates with felt
pillow form
sewing machine
coordinating thread

Measure the pillow form & cut out 2 pieces of fabric to cover it.

Remember my St Patrick's Day wreath? Repeat the same process for making the felt rosettes until you get enough to cover one piece of fabric.

Sew the 2 pieces of fabric together on 3 sides.

Slip in the pillow form & sew the remaining side closed.

Glue the rosettes onto the front of the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment