Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

Feather Necklace

I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted a craft! My apologizes. Hopefully this:
The necklace, not the mannequin. 
will make up for it.
Remember when my camera ate the pictures of my brown sugar apples? Yeah, well, I was doing this at the same time so all pictures are kaput. However, if you click on the pictures that are posted, you can get a bigger view of the images. Sorry!

Needed:
1 meter in chain
2 feathers
spray paint
2 crimp beads
2 jump rings

Spray paint the feathers. I chose silver. I don't like the way gold looks on me.
Once dry, apply a crimp bead onto each feather. There are several different styles, I think these
Source
are easier to work with, especially since I'm new at making jewelry.
Using jump rings, attach the crimp beads to the necklace.

Wear that bad boy!

I found the craft feathers worked okay, you just have to make sure to choose some stiff ones. The spray paint can make the fluffy ones do weird and ugly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment