Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sweets for Your Sweetie: Butterfingers

I have a weakness: the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I can't resist it! Butterfingers are probably the worst though. I found a recipe from Tasty Kitchen that is so easy that I might actually make these again. And again. Then probably once more just for practice.

You'll need:
9 oz candy corn
9 oz peanut butter
bag of milk chocolate chips
Melt the candy corn in the microwave in 30 second intervals. You want it smooth & a little runny. Stir in the peanut butter and mix well. Pour into a lined 8x8 pan.
Pop in the freezer for about 20 minutes then cut into bite-sized pieces (I just eyeballed it). Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth. Dip the peanut butter pieces in the chocolate then place on wax or parchment paper. Put in the fridge for about 10 minutes or until set.
I'm not that great with dipping things into chocolate. In fact, I kind of get it everywhere and end up with a giant mess. I'm kind of cool with that. It ensures my food looks homemade :)

No comments:

Post a Comment