Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish

I keep telling you guys I love breakfast foods. Maybe one day you'll believe me.
Have you met the Dubiens? You should.

You'll need:
1 can refrigerated bread sticks
1/2 pint (roughly) strawberries, washed, hulled & sliced
1 block cream cheese
1/2 + 3Tbsp powdered sugar, kept separate
1 egg, separated
2Tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 350. Beat cream cheese, egg yolk, & 3 Tbsp sugar until creamy.
Unroll bread sticks onto greased pan, making sure to keep the seams together. Roll to make sure center seam is sealed.
Spread cream cheese mixture on top, but only in middle.

 Layer sliced berries on top making sure not to overfill (a single layer works great). Also, I used strawberries, but you can really use any berries you like or leave them off all together.
Separate each bread stick and pull over to cover the filling. Brush with beaten egg white.
You can braid it & make it all pretty if you like. As you can
see I tried...it didn't turn out so well & I got frustrated with
it & gave up. I just wanted to eat the darned thing!
Bake 20-30 minutes until browned. While cooking, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar with milk.
Once browned:
allow to cool for about 5 minutes then pour on glaze.
By the way, thanks for all the views! It's exciting to see the numbers go up. I don't know who you are, but I appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment