Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Apple Non-Pie

As a general rule, I don't like pie. I don't know many people who don't, but I may start a club. Let me know if you want to join.
However, there's nothing more American than apple pie. Well, maybe baseball.
Source How convenient.
To help with my aversion to pie, I make a non-pie. Same basic idea, just not in pie shape with a soggy bottom (maybe that's my aversion to it).

You'll need:
2c brown sugar apples
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 beaten egg



Preheat oven to 350F. Unroll crust onto greased cookie sheet. Place apples on top in middle leaving plenty of room of the sides (about 3-4 inches).

Cut the sides of the crust every inch or so. Overlay the slices creating a braid-like effect.

Brush with egg and bake for 20-30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment