Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Homemade Creamer for Your Steamer!

I used to drink coffee by the gallon! However, I gave it up 8 years ago when I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's all part of the word of wisdom you can find here. That doesn't mean I don't love an occasional hot drink though! I love hot chocolate, herbal teas, and steamers. There's also Pero, which has the taste of coffee, but it's made with other stuff and is caffeine-free for all you caffeine abstainers (not me, caffeine is one of the things that makes this machine run). I found a recipe from a fellow blogger for homemade creamer, but I've since lost the website (sorry to whoever this recipe belongs to!).

Needed:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2c milk
1tsp vanilla
Mix all of the ingredients in a container with a lid & shake. You'll need to keep it in the fridge. I used an old creamer container to keep it in.


To make a steamer, all you need is a cup of milk and a little less than 1/4c of creamer. If you have one of these handy devices, use it!
If not, put the milk in a pot & whisk until frothy & warmed through. Mix in the creamer. Really yummy & easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment