Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Bean Dip

I have a confession: I hate re-fried beans. I also hate guacamole. However, this recipe has both and I can't get enough of it!
This is actually the third post that comes from my boss. I told you guys she's talented! She's made this dip a few times since I started working for her and I finally wrangled the recipe from her.

You'll need:
1 can re-fried beans
8oz cream cheese
8oz sour cream
avocado
garlic powder
1tsp mayo or Miracle Whip (which I prefer)
1c shredded cheese
juice of half a lime (not pictured)

You need to start by making the guacamole. If you have a favorite recipe, then go for it. However, I said before I really hate the guac. My boss told me she makes hers by mashing an avocado, mixing in some garlic powder (to taste), the juice of half a lime, and a teaspoon of mayo. You cannot use the pre-made stuff though! The taste isn't the same.

Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a 8x11 pan. Top with beans then sour cream. Pour on the guacamole then top with cheese.





Cover with foil & bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

Eat up that bad boy!

Now my boss adds olives before she adds the cheese...which leads me to another confession: I hate olives. You could also add tomatoes & onion if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment