Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

In my family we don't decorate for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. However, this year I had to get started a little early because I'm making many of my decorations! I have fallen in love with pinterest & use it as a basis for many of my crafts.

Today I would love to share two recent accomplishments.
The first is my current "window treatment". Most of the time I make curtains to go along with the seasons, but I wanted something different this year. After seeing this, I was inspired! I saw some oversized ornaments at Dollar Tree. They have an assortment of colors, but none in black or white (which is what I chose to do this year). I grabbed some of the silver ones and headed to Wal-Mart. In case you didn't know, Krylon makes a spray paint that is great for plastics. I bought the can of white paint as well as some white ribbon & black ribbon. I painted the ornaments (sorry, no pictures. I'll work on that) and let them dry. I used the ribbon to hang them from my curtain rod. Here's the results:

The next craft is from here. She has loads of great ideas! The only changes I made to her instructions were these: cut the tube in 2 cm intervals, used hot glue (no need to use clothes pins), used acrylic paint instead of spray paint, and no glitter. 
Here's my results (in different stages of doneness):
To get the dots, I dipped a pencil eraser in paint.

I hope you all enjoyed these crafts & I have so many more to come! Have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment: