Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bonus Post: Chicken (or Turkey) Salad

In order to help you get rid of your Thanksgiving leftovers, I'm doing an extra post this week!
I normally make this salad with chicken, but I still have an abundance of turkey in my fridge. To be completely honest, I use canned chicken for this recipe. I was super skeptical of using the canned stuff at first, but it's really a time saver!

Needed (amounts will vary depending on how many folks you're feeding):
Turkey (or chicken)
Mayo (or Miracle Whip, which we prefer)
Grapes
Apple
Almond or walnut pieces --optional, I left those out this time
Salt & Pepper
Rolls (I used bagels this time because that's what I had on hand)

Shred the meat.

Dice grapes & apples. Add them, salt, pepper, and nuts (if you're using them).

Add enough mayo to moisten it & make it all stick together.

Put on rolls (or bagels in this case).

It's also really yummy if you have fresh tomato, lettuce & onion. Just slice all those bad boys & add them on top! To help with portions, I made enough for 3 sandwiches. I used about half a turkey breast, 6 grapes, half an apple, and 2 tablespoons of Miracle Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment