Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Oatmeal Hairband Holder

Ya know when you see something, think it's a neat idea, but also know that there's got to be a way to improve on it? That's the way I felt when I first saw someone turn an old container of oatmeal into a holder for their hair accessories.

Now, the way I saw it done was the lady (I'm assuming it was a lady) covered the container in scrapbooking paper. That's cool and all, but I didn't want this busy looking thing sitting in my corner of the room where I couldn't really see the designs of my super cool headbands.

For that reason, I'm changing this post's name to Super Cool Headband Holder. Deal with it!

You'll need:
paint
an empty oatmeal container
a candlestick...just go with it, k?
strong-ish glue (I used good ol' super glue)

Paint that bad boy. Glue the candlestick to the bottom & put your headbands on the outside of the container.

Put all of your other hair accessories (elastics, bows, bobby pins, etc) on the inside.

It was so easy & it's not an eyesore.

No comments:

Post a Comment