Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

CHRISTMAS ON THE CHEAP: A Couple's Gift

We decided to do home-made gifts to each other this year. This works great if you're friends with a couple or for your parents, spouse, whatever. You can even save this idea to use as a wedding gift.

I found the lyrics to the song we danced to at our wedding: "At Last" by Etta James. I copied the lyrics over and over again to take up a whole Word document.

Then I used the Google to find an outline of a tree I liked, blew it up on my laptop screen, then used my laptop as light box to trace the tree.

I cut the tree out as well as some leaves I printed onto green paper. I glued the tree and the leaves onto black cardstock to make it more sturdy.

I printed a heart on pink paper with our initials in the middle and glued it to the tree.
Then I painted a watercolor "landscape". Super easy! I promise. Run water over paper designed for watercolor paintings. Get it wet. Not dripping, but damp. Wet your paints, then brush the color on. I did one half in brown, then went over it with green, and then painted the other half in blue. Let it dry completely then glue the tree on.

So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment