Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Mango Passionfruit Lemonade

I saw something on pinterest about a passionfruit lemonade Starbucks sells. I'm not a big Starbucks person because I don't drink coffee, but it looked good. I thought I'd give it a try with my own little spin on it.

First, some research. I wanted to make sure this drink was worth trying to imitate.

Yeah, it's worth it.

I used Tazo's Mango Passionfruit tea. I boiled 32 oz of water & steeped 5 tea bags in it.

Then I added 12 oz of Chick-fil-A's diet lemonade (I swear they put crack in that stuff) and 1 cup of sugar. You can use any sweetener you want though.

Why diet lemonade then use sugar? I'm allergic to corn & I'm never sure what drinks have corn syrup in it. It's just out of habit really that I ask for diet. And by all means, feel free to make your own, but why bother? You know the stuff Chick-fil-A sells is soooo much better.

Verdict: HECK YEAH! Make this stuff! It's a little different because of the mango, but I actually liked it better than the one I got at Starbucks. Shoot, even making a cup of the tea itself was worth the $2.12 I spent. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment